Calendar Management Software – A simple tool with big business impact
In an era where everyone is eager to do more and achieve even more, the software category of “Online Calendar” has caught the fancy of business owners and employees alike.
This technology solution has made way for productivity and real time sharing by compressing the time devoted to planning and allocating of resources.
Trust this wonderful software as your personal digital assistant (PDA) to address varied needs like time management, appointment scheduling, team planning, managing meetings and invitations.
Calendar Management Software is proving to be very critical for #startups and #SMEs
Calendar Planners of all types have reduced the drudgery and automated the processes of growing number of organizations.
This technology is proving to be very critical for start-ups and SMEs. Reason?
The new age consumer has shifted to online self-scheduling, whereby the individuals book their own appointment and reservations at any time of the day basis their convenience.
Plus many of these applications are free or available at highly affordable rates that make them easily accessible to all business categories.
In a study of 41 retailers of women apparel (by Saravanan Kesavan and co-authors), it was revealed that that all of the stores were understaffed significantly during the peak periods of the day, while they were significantly overstaffed during the rest of the hours. The authors estimated that the retailer was losing about 9% of sales and 7% of profits due to this mismatch.
This is just one of many stories that prove how a fair and efficient scheduling software can rescue business gains and at the same time free up time for other productive things.
15 Things made possible by Scheduling Software: SMEs are you listening?
With many software suites offering customizable features, the possible applications of calendar management software are endless.
The list below summarizes the most widespread uses by organizations.
- Allows collaborative scheduling. Multiple users can access the same calendar data from any device to schedule their team meetings, manage project and resource planning. Ideal application for offices who rely on shared calendar;
- Manage multiple event-wise or individual wise calendars side by side. A boon for project managers;
- Schedule, manage and track appointments and reservations. This can be enterprise managed or customer initiated;
- Schedule time-offs and vacations by giving self-service option to employees. With network sharing capability, managers and team members can view different calendars by setting permission controls that decide who can add/edit/delete/view information;
- Work Allocation – Schedule worker shifts to remain organized and boost productivity;
- Task Updates – Schedule tasks that let team members assign and share work with constant update on active, completed or overdue tasks;
- Manage To-Dos – Create a personal to-do list or team task list;
- Room or Facility scheduling – Know the occupancy status of varied rooms and book as per availability
- Set Reminders – Instant SMS reminders and email notifications for scheduled, cancelled or rescheduled events;
- Multi-Device Support – Synchronization with hand-held device to keep you updated on the go;
- Time tracking – This feature helps to automatically record time spent on various activities;
- Report Analysis – Generate reports on the progress of individual and team tasks;
- File Sharing – Attach and share files/documents/notes/links for scheduled events;
- Print and export – Take a hard copy of calendar in different layouts and save calendar items in different file formats;
- Calendar Plugins – This enables websites to host interactive and responsive features.
Why should SMEs pay attention to scheduling software?
For many years, calendar maker and planner have been deemed as C-Suite tools or the privilege of large corporations.
However, the cloud computing and sheer number of free tools available online have brought scheduling software to center stage where businesses of all sizes and types can benefit from it.
Quick Tip: While choosing a vendor, look for the license terms. Is it per user license or pay as you grow? Also, choosing a free trial always saves on regrets later. Some vendors also allow for “pick and choose” features at low monthly subscription with facility to add more features/storage later.
Hard to Ignore Reasons for using a calendar software:
Less Planning and More Work
The whole premise of scheduling software is to ease of the planning stage by chucking manual entries and data work that requires lot of human intervention and focus more getting work done with automated planning.
With shared features, everyone in the team is aware of the latest availability and task allocation, reducing the time spent on crosschecking and keeping track of frequent changes.
Come at great price
While there are umpteen free tools, the cloud versions have made the paid tools highly affordable. Plus the paid tools promise you of hassle free service and updates. These are simple to buy, require less implementation time and easily integrated with existing in-house software.
Easy to Use
The software takes care of technology resistance issue with many of them boasting user friendly features like drag and drop of events and tasks, easy accessibility from anywhere, one click creation of charts/reports as well as helpful view of activities for day, week, or month.
String of other benefits
Scheduling software is highly customizable to fit your scheme of business and can serve as a great marketing tool if provided at customer end. Most of these software solutions also come with 24/7 tech support.
“A distribution facility saves approx. $500 -1000 in weekly overtime pay, as it can better schedule its dock staff by knowing exactly when inbound shipments will arrive” (Estimate provided by Appointment-Plus.com)
Why should SMEs pay attention to scheduling software
Calendar Management Software Market – Names that are making Waves
While the list of vendors keep rising in this domain, there are certain names that have etched a reputation of being highly flexible and super powerful with their software offering. Explore their websites for more information.
The intuitive and timesaving tool is available both for standalone use as well as enterprise level collaborative working.
For ease of getting started and familiarity, this calendar has found many takers as it syncs across devices, has easy set up and is scalable depending upon business use.
Targeted for small businesses, the calendar software allows for setting up shared calendars, work scheduling, facility and website calendars.
The software lends business with the power to share leave calendars, draw insightful reports and manage employee time off and leaves in the most simple and customized manner. It comes with free trial with quick setup and support.
A distribution facility saves approx. $500 -1000 in weekly overtime pay
There are many other scheduling software solutions like Humanity, Shift Planning, Nimble Schedule, Veribook, TeamUp that are worth a mention in the ever growing list of software providers.
Take the plunge and give your business the speed and efficiency of calendar software!